The 4th Annual Upper Mill Creek Cleanup
Keeping our streams clean keeps our communities beautiful!
The Mill Creek Watershed Council and our partners cleaned up the Upper Mill Creek on Saturday, September 24th. This event was family-friendly and open to all ages. We met at our Twin Creek Preserve project, where thanks to Modo Yoga and Be Community, we started the day off with a few yoga stretches and meditation. Then we caravaned to cleanup sites throughout the watershed and met back at Twin Creek Preserve for lunch provided by John Morrell/Smithfield. Thanks, John Morrell/Smithfield!
When: Saturday, September 24th at 9:00 a.m.
Meeting place: Twin Creek Preserve, 12033 Best Place, Sharonville, Ohio 45241
Last year the day was a success, filling a 30 yard bin with trash and picking 25 tires out of the creek.
This year, over 50 volunteers collected .79 tons (or 1,580 pounds) of garbage plus 52 tires. Those 52 tires were all collected within a one mile stretch of the Mill Creek.
Thanks also to:
- Smithfield (formerly known as John Morrell) for funding and feeding the event
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful for disposal of the tires
- Butler Soil and Water Conservation District
- Butler County Stormwater District
- The City of Springdale for transporting some of the trash after the event
- Rumpke for donating a dumpster for the day
- Cincinnati Community Toolbank