2015 Mill Creek ReCreation Celebration
The fourth annual Mill Creek ReCreation Celebration was on Sunday, September 27. The Council welcomed around 150 people from the public to this family-friendly event at Koenig Park in Reading. It was a three part event: canoe outing, bike ride, and party! There was Rhinegeist beer supplied to us from the Mount Adams Pavilion, free pizza and hoagys from the Sharonville LaRosa's, and live music from the Back Porch Hounds.
Walk, Paddle, or Ride: Keep the Mill Creek by your Side!
We host this event each year to celebrate the Mill Creek and to draw attention to the recreational amenities around the watershed. Our paddling group, the Mill Creek Yacht Club, has been exploring the urban stream since the 1990s (over 100 outings and 700 crewmates). The water quality has come a longway since then but still has a ways to go.
We celebrated 20 years as an organization at this year's Celebration!
Photos from our Facebook page.
- 2 mile canoe outing from Evendale to Reading
- 8.5 mile loop bike ride through Reading, Hartwell, Carthage, and Amberley Village
- Live music from the Back Porch Hounds
- Free dinner from Sharonville LaRosa's
- Family games
- Stream restoration information and free soil tests