The 3rd Annual Upper Mill Creek Cleanup
Keeping our streams clean keeps our communities beautiful!
The Mill Creek Watershed Council and our partners cleaned up the Upper Mill Creek on Saturday, October 3rd. This event was family-friendly and open to all ages. We began the day at Twin Creek Preserve, caravaned to cleanup sites throughout the watershed, and met back at Twin Creek Preserve for lunch provided by John Morrell. Thanks, John Morrell!
Overall, the day was a success, filling a 30 yard bin with trash and picking 25 tires out of the creek. Much thanks goes to our 50+ volunteers. See event photos here.
Thanks also to:
- John Morrell for funding and feeding the event
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful for disposal of the tires
- Butler Soil and Water Conservation District
- MetroParks of Butler County for cleaning up Gilmore Ponds
- Butler County Stormwater District
- Apex, and specifically Brian Kwiatkowski, for transporting some of the trash after the event
- The City of Springdale for transporting some of the trash after the event
- Rumpke for donating a dumpster for the day
- Cincinnati Community Toolbank
- PSARA Technologies for supplying some of the volunteers
- GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. for supplying some of the volunteers and for being one of our business members
Thank you to our event sponsors and partners!